COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Procedures & Precautions We’re Taking
As an essential repair service, The Fridge Guy will remain open throughout the latest Victorian lockdown.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is extremely importance to us. As such, we have put some necessary precautions into place to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- All members of our team are now fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- When booking an appointment with us, you will be asked if any member of your household has cold or flu symptoms. Please answer this question honestly no matter how mild the symptoms may be. If a mechanic arrives at your home and suspects any member of the household is unwell, they will be required to leave immediately and you may still incur a service charge. Please do not put our business at risk.
- Mechanics will put on new disposable gloves before entering your home as well as wear a face mask at all times
- Our mechanics will carry and use hand sanitiser
- We ask that you keep your distance (at least 1.5 metres) from our mechanics at all times.
- Please limit the number of people in the room to 1 person from the household
- Mechanics will wipe down all touched surfaces before beginning work and after finishing work.
- We will not be able to shake hands with customers, please do not be offended.
- We request that payment be made by card wherever possible
- Our mechanics have not travelled recently and are well. In addition, our mechanics will not be attending homes if they develop any (even mild) symptoms themselves.
We will continue to ensure we are keeping the highest standards of hygiene and follow the advice of health authorities at all times. All members of our company are actively monitoring the latest COVID-19 exposure sites and will be following the advice given by the Victorian government.
Our call centre at 1300 133 307 will remain open through this difficult time and continue to provide helpful advice via phone.
As we have always done, in some cases we can help you fix the problem with your fridge or freezer yourself over the phone.
Also see our refrigeration tips page for advice on ensuring the efficiency of your fridge or freezer.
Kind Regards and stay safe,
The Fridge Guy Team